Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just three unrelated things is all...


So, I tend to do about fourteen projects at a time. Being insane actually keeps me sane. For instance, I've been shooting small cameo parts in two films (Step Up 3D & Going the Distance), shot a pilot for HBO (Boardwalk Empire), in pre-production for my film Avenue A (which I'm directing), preparing the script for my Romeo & Juliet adaptation, blocking out a new musical I'm writing, and in rehearsals for a swell new show. I love my life. The show I'm rocking out, 1969 style, to is in the new NY Fringe Festival this year. Willy Nilly! is a rollicking psychedelic musical about Charles Manson and his crazy ass killings, only a few names are changed (strictly for the author's amusement).

It's very funny, with a great score by Trav SD, and an awesome ensemble that I'm proud to be a part of. I play many different "Monty Pyton" type parts, including Hippies, a certain Horror Director, a certain "Queen," a hitchhiker, and a few other surprises. We've already been called "this years breakout hit" and we haven't even opened yet! It's exciting to be a part of something exciting (did I actually just write that sentence? Yeah, I did...). And we just might be doing something really cool this coming Wednesday to promote the show... I'll keep ya updated...



PIMPING MY FRIEND ALERT: My good friend Kiirsten (seen here about to hand scissor someone in the face) is an actress. She's also a singer. And in a band. And her band sorta rocks. So you should go vote for her band, "Hip Like (Blank)." They're in a contest. Help her win it by going here. And if you don't vote, well then, the terrorists really have won...

And if by some chance you happen to be enjoying your day and a giant Bollywood number happens in front of you, chances are you're where I was today.


And it was quite entertaining. Oh, Bollywood. You and your dancin'...

Look at that Chris Kattan go! Who knew he was still making movies? Who knew he was even still alive?! Bollywood did, that's who. Bollywood did...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Rock my world!!! : D

Brooklyn Mateo said...

Well, I do what I can...